Digital Smile Design is changing the face of aesthetic dental treatments and is used by leading dentists all over the world. It’s a visual software that essentially helps dentists work with their patients to address their main cosmetic dental concerns and the process will generally go as follows:
- Initial consultation during which photos are taken along with a mould of the current shape of the teeth, we’ll also review the current condition of your teeth to talk about the very best options available to you at this stage
- Patient information and images are added to the software
- The software then allows for the reshaping, re-colouring and addition of missing teeth by the dentist, addressing the patient’s needs
- The re-designed visuals are then passed on to the patient who will be able to feed back on the proposed new smile design
- Once the patient is completely happy with their new smile, the mould and new design will be passed to our dental laboratory along with the mould taken
- The laboratory then creates a wax-up from which we create a rubber mould that can be placed in the client’s mouth to get a realistic feel of the results before starting any treatments
The Digital Smile Designs process won’t always involve all the above mentioned steps and can sometimes be a lot quicker, depending on the extent of work that is required on the teeth. Simply replacing a dental inlay, crown, veneer or implant can potentially take place during the same consultation, as a ceramic tooth can be cut in as little as 30 minutes based upon the design.